* Elton Carrier was elected on November 3, 2009 to serve a 4-year term on Mt. Pleasant Town Council. He received the third highest total of votes in the election. There were 19 candidates running for 4 seats in that election.
* Mayor Billy Swails assigned Elton to Chair the Finance Committee. He also presently serves on the Economic Development, Bids & Purchases, Planning & Development and Police, Legal & Judicial committees of council. He is laison to council on the Accomodations Tax Advisory Board and represents the Town on the Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Governors. He serves on the boards of East Cooper Habitat for Humanity and Emerging Creative Minds. He is also an Adopt-A-Highway coordinator.
* Elton is a 40-year Mt. Pleasant resident. He graduated from The Citadel with a degree in Business Administration. He is also a graduate of the School of Banking of the South at LSU. He retired in April, 2010 from First Federal of Charleston after 35 years in the banking industry.
* He is a member of Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church where he is a resting elder. He is active with The Citadel's Brigadier Foundation and The Citadel Foundation.
* Elton is married to the former Kathy Moss of Charleston, S.C. He has two grown children & 3 grandchildren all residing in Mt. Pleasant. He resides in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant.
* Mt. Pleasant is a town of 67,000 with an annual budget of $63 million and 550 employes. It was awarded All-America City status by The National Civic League in 2010. It operates under the Council form of government with a mayor and 8 council members. It is the 4th largest city in South Carolina.
Town of Mt. Pleasant
P. O. Box 745
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29465
Home Ph #843-884-5362
Cell Ph #843-442-1812